The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our top priority. Please know that our thoughts are with all those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. We apologize for any inconvenience the cancellation of the onsite program may have caused our participants.
The CIVEMSA 2020 Organizing Committee has decided to offer an online platform for accepted authors to upload recorded presentations. In order to be eligible, the following steps should already be completed:
- Electronic Copyright via EDAS.
- Final Manuscript submitted via EDAS.
- Paid all necessary registration/publication fees (more information on pricing below).
In order to be published in the CIVEMSA 2020 Proceedings, and in IEEE Xplore, you must complete the three steps above as well as submit your 15-minute pre-recorded presentation by May 20th.
The registration rates have been adjusted to accommodate the move to an online platform. The updated fees are as follows:
- IEEE Member - $300
- Non-Member - $360
Each registration will only cover up to one publication. Each additional paper will require a $100 additional paper fee.
A 15-minute pre-recorded presentation, as a voice-over PPT, should be created for each accepted paper. For information on how to create a voice-over presentation in Microsoft Office please visit: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c
- Please begin the presentation with a brief self-introduction of the presenter/s (must be one of the authors).
- Please save your presentation as an MP4 file and name the file your Paper Number.
- Your final MP4 file may not exceed 100 MB.
*All pre-recorded presentations will be reviewed by the Session Chairs in order to guarantee relevant and high-quality content. If your presentation is not a strong reflection of the accepted Final Manuscript, or if the presenter is not one of the authors, the Chairs have the authority to reject the submission.
To upload, first log onto EDAS and click on your accepted paper. Under Final Manuscript, you will find the upload option “Virtual Presentation Upload”. Click the cloud icon and upload your final presentation by May 20th.
Please note that the final manuscripts must be uploaded prior to uploading the pre-recorded presentation.
Upload your file according to the following:
- Choose File: Please upload using the “Choose File” button. Once the file name is listed, please click “Upload MP4 Video”.
**Please note that MP4 files may take a few minutes to successfully upload. We recommend using a strong internet connection when uploading and to be patient.
- To upload, first log onto EDAS and click on your accepted paper.
- Under Auxiliary Files, you will find the upload option “Speaker Headshot”.
- Click the cloud icon and upload your final presentation by May 20th.
- Please also update your bio under your EDAS profile.
Authors that do not wish to provide a pre-recorded presentation and don’t wish to keep their paper in the proceedings can withdraw from CIVEMSA 2020 and receive a Full Refund. If you are interested in withdrawing, please email [email protected] for further information.